Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cream Cheese

Now, I know that cream cheese isn't very healthy, but even just a smidgen of it can bring a lot of flavor.  (Plus, think about how much salt we put on bland food.)

Philadelphia Cooking Creme is a newer product that makes me feel like a gourmet chef after only cooking for 20 minutes!  It has so much flavor and makes any dish taste amazing!  There are recipes online at cookphilly.com.  One that I made and loved was:

Creamy Italian Chicken & Orzo Skillet (with slight changes)
1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 tub (10 oz.) Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme (I think I only used about 7 oz. of it and then added a scoop of fat free sour cream- a little bit healthier.)
1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
2 cups hot cooked orzo pasta (I used brown rice)

Cook chicken and zucchini in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 6-7 min. or until chicken is done.  Add cooking creme and tomatoes; cook & stir 2 min.
Serve over pasta/rice.

I think I added broccoli as well.  Ad as many veggies as you'd like. 


Cream Cheese Oreo Pops-
I tried one the other day that our dear friend LaVerna made.  I'll post the recipe when I get it.  My mom told me that it was smashed Oreos mixed with cream cheese & dipped in white chocolate with brown chocolate drizzled on top.  Add a sucker stick & cover the top in cling wrap with a ribbon to make it look like a sucker.  It was so heavenly.  If I make them, I'd ad peanut butter and use the peppermint Oreos that are out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment